5pcs Workout Resistance Bands
At the height of the first lockdown, when gyms were shuttered and we all had to ration our hour of daily exercise, many of us rediscovered the power of the resistance band. These humble strips of rubber don't get much play when you've got a full set of weights and machines to get stuck into, but it turns out they can actually provide a punishing workout, from the (dis)comfort of your own living room.
Now that gyms have been forced to close again, it's time to dust them back off. A well-deployed set of exercise bands can work your entire body, from legs to shoulders. This makes them perfect for home workouts if you don't want to fill your living room with lumps of heavy metal, or for taking to the park for when you get bored of running around the same bit of weirdly busy. With a bit of creativity, you can cover the fundamental movements all with just a resistance band.
If you're finding it too hard, loosen your band up, or invest in one with more stretch. If it's too easy, add some extra sets, or get a tighter resistance band (you can loop it over itself, too, to make it tougher to work against). Perhaps if we learn nothing else from lockdown, it will be that you don't need a wall of dumbbells to build a stronger body.
Resistance band workout is built around the big six lifts – squat, deadlift, bench press, row, pull-up, shoulder press – only instead of queuing for the most popular equipment, you'll hit every major muscle group with just a strip of elastic.
The key when working with resistance bands is tempo. Unlike weights, which are as heavy at the bottom of the move as at the top, resistance bands get harder to stretch the further apart you pull them. That means slow and steady will provide a bigger pump than anything explosive. For this workout, you'll do all your sets and reps of each move, with a minute's rest between each set, before moving onto the next. If it's too easy, add more reps or increase the resistance. If it's too hard, try the move with just your bodyweight before adding in the band.
- Safe and Durable: Made from 100% natural latex, non-toxic and odor-free
- Multifunctional: Perfect for fitness, body shaping, weight loss, resistance training, strength training, postpartum recovery, injury rehabilitation, and more
- Easy to Use: Exceptional versatility and durability for any exercise you challenge; simply change your position to target different muscles in arms, chest, belly, glutes, legs, shaping every aspect of your body and enhancing every aspect of your health
- Additional Benefits: 5 levels of resistance for easily customizing the intensity of your workout; suit for experienced athletes or just beginners for fitness training
- Package includes: 5 x Resistance Band and 1 x Bag